Tuesday, December 5, 2006

My Dear, Loving Significant Other


This may sound like a cliche....but I'd like to think ...Behind every successful Dreamer is a dream supporter ! My husband Cheng Swee,a great provider and a true gentle "bodyguard" makes sure he reaches home on time to send us for the twice-weekly rehearsals...even though he has taught me how to get the KL Pac in Sentul !!


After each practice in the evenings (10 pm ) - he would make every excuse to take us for supper at the 24-hour Mamak stalls,no matter how tired he is ! After giving so many years of his life to doing a first-class service in one of the largest corporations in Malaysia, this General Manager, a Birmingham scholar,is looking forward to this retirement mid 2007.( I would like to give him a hammer for retirement hehe...read the reason at the end of this post hehe...)


When I saw how he longs to make his daughter happy eating her favourite toshi after 3 hours of "hard work" practising in the orchestra....,I can feel his tremendous need to unwind from the corporate world that moulds and conditions him to live life awakened each day by an electronic "cock".He is a brilliant strategist,great thinker and trouble shooter whose gentle,humble and unassuming ways make him a highly respectable and favourable individual.The last thing you can accuse him of is not doing a job well !

( A hammer for retirement ? Yes... so I can kill the annoyingly predictable electronic "cock"that disturbs his mornings and mine !! LOL ! )


No comments: